The legs make the Inmoov seem like its close to finish. Check out the pics and how Inmoov stands. Plans are to replace the tripod with a chair base on wheels and pipe into the base.
While printing my first layer on a 3D print, I notice that the left side was printing with a different pattern. It’s strange that its a perfect rectangle within the first layer. What could cause this? Leveling, gcode, temperature? For strange to me.
This month I published my first 3D model on Thingiverse. The problem with many of the Inmoov head stands is that they would not hold upright and when testing the movement of head, left and right, the head fell over. The Inmoov head stand has a wide base to prevent this and by inserting the three neck pillars into the cylinders, it was easier to manage.
The model is not fancy by all means, however, it was my first model developed using AudoDesk 360 Fusion. Quite a learning curve for me, to get this far and using the tool is getting easier, however, I warn their are many tools within the software and hope to be good with many of them. Currently using the student edition.
Here is the link to Thingiverse to download STL file Inmoov Head Stand by MyProjectExpert – Thingiverse
Recently the PLA was clogged in the extruder. It started with clicking sound and rather than fixing it immediately, I thought I would wait. It’s believed it was caused by changing the PLA from HatchBox to eSUN. eSUN used a higher temperature and when it was set to 225 the clicking stopped. Later replaced with HatchBox, but didn’t cold pull to insure that all the PLA was removed. Once HatchBox was loaded, clicking came back and print job went thru the night clicking. In morning, the print job failed and I could not remove PLA. It required, removing Extruder and the PLA plug came out easy. The picture shows a slight swelling at the end.
After about 80 hours of printing during the month of December, the right leg is completed. Printing was not so bad, however the toughest part was finding the right screws and bolts for holding it together. Deciding to make it a static leg, which means, it does not have any motors and automated movement. Later I plan to include motors. The exciting aspect of the legs, is that it really feels like its becoming a person. Weird.
Exciting! I didn’t think a windmill would be so exciting. For Christmas I got a garden windmill kit. Directions said it takes two men and hour and half to build. It took me about six hours to build and this is basically because the instructions is just a picture. Anyway, it was a puzzle worth building and now I want to build a bigger one and one that can generate electricity. Maybe setup one and monitor and measure wind for the year. More to come.
Posted my first design 3D print design on Thingiverse.com. It’s a Inmoov Head stand. Inmoov Head Stand by MyProjectExpert – Thingiverse. The stand solves several issues. First, the current stands don’t hold the head up straight; this design allow the Inmoov head to be better displayed on shelf. Second when tuning and testing the head movement, it required head to be attach to body. This design allows me to set skull on my desk and make adjustments.
For such a simple design, it required me to learn AutoDesk 360 Fusion software. 2 hours of Pluralsight course on AutoDesk 360, plus several weeks of actually using the tool, five prototypes and designs before I came up with this simple design. After publishing to Thingiverse, I already have a few more ideas of making the stand better.
Simple three column support posts for hold Inmoov skull.
Started printing the right leg of Inmoov. At first I didn’t think I was going to like having legs on it because they were static. As the leg grows and size, so did my excitement. I’m estimating that it takes about a month to print a single leg. I have been using White HatchBox PLA and for some reason, it has disappear or very pricy on Amazon. Switching to a different brand and my have to spray paint it white.
The screen shows right (tibia) leg being glued together.
The brainchild of the INMOOV project is a a French designer. All the details can be found at inmoov.fr. Other sources of project are found in YouTube, GitHub and here.
KISMET project has been around for several decades and continues to get updates. The source code resides on GitHub and managed by dragon. I original got interested in capturing wireless packets and uploading to a database using an Android app called “Wigle”. It works well with very little effort, however, when I added KISMET software and loaded on raspberry pi, my capture rate went ten fold.
Installed KISMET on Raspberry PI 4. Picture shows RPi4 with battery, antenna and GPS attachments strap to the back of my roll bar in jeep.